Panacake
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Panacake

Because no matter how flat you make a pancake, there is always going to be two sides.

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  
Panacake - Because no matter how flat it gets, a pancake always has two sides. Need to get something out? Ranting, Loving, or just being Crazy, you've found a good place.

Cheer up and Shut up

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Kyleigh Rae

Cheer up and Shut up Empty
PostSubject: Cheer up and Shut up   Cheer up and Shut up EmptySat Aug 22, 2009 6:30 pm

Wow... this week has been tough. I've been beat upside the head with everything I'm doing wrong. And yet, I feel great. I feel like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders. Smile Ya know, that feeling like you don't have a care in the world... even when the world is falling down around you.
First off I had some issues with forgiveness. I've been holding things against my parents and against God, and i didn't even realize it. I'd been holding on so tight to all of the pain and hurt. But this week I gave it to God. Does that mean that it doesn't hurt anymore? no. Does it mean that i don't remember what he did? no. But it means that I don't have to let it hurt me anymore. Does it mean that it never comes back up in my mind? Definitely not. But every time it does, i give it to God again. I had to learn that it's not my fault. It's not their fault. It's not God's fault. It's circumstances. Compared to what God forgave us for... what we have to forgive others for, is nothing.
Another thing was my relationships. I've been building them on the wrong things. On Friday night, Jonny (the preacher) talked a lot about relationships, and their foundations. Were your relationships built on God? trust? love? A lot of my relationships weren't. and I need to change them, or get rid of them.
I also learned a lot about friendship. The real kind of friendship. The kind of friends that have your complete trust. The kind that encourage you to get closer to God. The kind that ask you the hard questions... Those are the kind of friends that I need to keep close. You are who your friends are. I have to make sure that my friends model what I want to become...
And last but not least, I learned how grateful i should be. i take so many things for granted. Sure, i don't have the best house, or the prettiest car. But i have sooo much. I have food. I have a mom and sister that love me. I have God as my Savior and he'll never let me down. It's hard to believe how much I complain, and yet sooo many people have it sooo much worse than I do. I need to cheer up and shut up. Smile

THE END.
Back to top Go down

Cheer up and Shut up
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Panacake :: Panacakes :: Rants-
Jump to: